Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"Rolling" with Billy Tucci at the Baltimore Comic-Con

My youngest daughter Faith (appropriately named), me, and Billy Tucci
One of the highlights of the 2012 Baltimore Comic-Con this year was the Sunday panel: "Christianity and Comics With Billy Tucci" that ran from 1300 to 1400 hours.  Here's how the program listed the content:



In an industry dominated by secular heroes, join award-winning writer/artist Billy Tucci for an enlightening discussion on his Christmas graphic novella, "A Child Is Born" and the portrayal of Christianity in comics.

Needless to say I was looking forward to the panel all weekend and it was really awesome. I recorded it for posterity and with Billy's permission have uploaded it for all of you to enjoy.  After the panel was over, he asked me my name (Jim and Lee may recognize one of the voices) and we talked all the way down from the third floor to his booth on the convention hall (with my four youngest in tow).  I picked up three copies of "A Child Is Born" right away.  I loved it, especially the scene where Joseph discovers Mary is pregnant -- really moving and realistic.  I told Billy about ApologetiX and he gave me his contact information, so I'm looking forward to further discussions and being on board with future Apostle Arts endeavors.

Not the least bit interested in the topic, well don't be too hasty.  You'll also hear some talk about Sgt. Rock: The Lost Battalion and the new issue of Phantom Stranger.  Plus, you'll find out who Billy thinks is a "Bad Ass" and what the "Rolling" in the post title refers too.

As a reward, you get to see the great commission sketch he was working  on.

No comments:

Post a Comment